02 03 The Freedom Blog: Flower Essences and Intuitive Musings: How's Your Support System? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

How's Your Support System?

34

This is where I believe many of us are this season.  The analogy is that of a vine that has outgrown it's current support system and has either collapsed under the weight, or been blown over by the wind.  In either case, it calls for a reevaluation of where we are, where we are going, and who we include in that.  What do we need in order to flourish in the next season of our lives?

Many of our supports that we've had in the past are no longer options.  Many of you have lost parents recently.  Many of you are needing to venture into new areas that you have yet to find friends and mentors for.  This is not a post about getting up and standing on your own two feet.  This is about a restructuring coming for sustainable new growth.

If you have been upright and have had enough of a presence about you that you catch a lot of wind (opposition, resistance) then your support system needs to be reinforced accordingly.  I know you're tough, but we all have our days where we need someone to fall back on. 

Some of us are attempting to move into areas where we do not yet have support.  Friends and family
Nothing to cling to
may be having a hard time understanding where you are, and might have some fear-based concerns.  On the other hand, their concerns might be perfectly valid.  There is nothing wrong with putting out a few feelers in the direction that you want to run.  If the timing is right, the Gardener will come along and put a trellis there for you to take over.  Just don't channel all of your resources and energy into a direction where you have no support.  You're not meant to bloom sprawled on the ground.

I made this mistake early on with my business and crashed and burned.  The timing wasn't there. Support is vital for maintaining growth, and I'm not talking people buying my products.  I mean people in my life who believe that I am called to this and can be a sounding board/encouragement to me.  Customers are great, but they are the end result of having people to lean on.

This is absolutely a season where we need to prune back and allow some things and people to be replaced in our life.  If you've lost someone who was a key structural element in your life, you might need to get on some Good Grief flower essence and let them go.  While they can never be replaced, the intention is to give you something new and different that will allow you a new freedom to go in some areas that you couldn't before.  In order to do that, you will need to make the best of your loss and let them go.

It was like this when my dad died.  I and others in my family stepped forward into some places we hadn't been free to before.  I don't mean to suggest that he purposely held anybody back, only that things got shunted aside.  And there was nothing wrong with that.   Now, I feel him pulling strings in the spirit on my behalf, and all the things he didn't understand about me, I feel him celebrating.  Every year on his birthday, I'm the one who gets a gift.  So in this case, the old support is not gone, just coming from a different place.

That said, you do need to watch who you align with.  Love everyone, don't be afraid to be in relationship with anyone, but if you want to move forward in 2014, be careful about your inner circle.  "Show me your friends and I'll show you your future." -John Kuebler

So do what you gotta do to disentangle yourself from an old structure that you've either outgrown or that is no longer there for you.  Embrace the new, get a really good hold on it!  Cling, even!  And if that one ever gives out on you, make whatever cuts are necessary and move on.


Don't miss any updates!

* indicates required

35 36 37 38